Black Bean Burger
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon infused oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (NOTE: this is a 100% VEGAN blend of herbs and spices)
- 1 cup oat flour (or any type of flour/breadcrumbs you prefer)
- Make the oat flour: pour two cups of rolled/old-fashioned oats into blender and pulse into a fine powder. Carefully pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine black beans, onion, garlic, poultry seasoning, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and infused oil.
- Mix well, then mash into a paste.
- Add breadcrumbs to the mix and combine thoroughly.
- Form into patties. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to firm up. In a large skillet over medium heat, pan sear patties for about 2 minutes on each side. Top with condiments and veggies of choice.
Sometimes, you’re craving a juicy burger and those store-bought, mock meat veggie patties just don’t cut it (sorry, but not sorry – the truth hurts)! I love to stuff my face with these while sitting in front of the TV watching a good game, fight, or to binge on my favorite TV series.