Recipe by Edibles Magazine
Start the day off right, at any time of day, with these infused Banana Nut Muffins and some cold brew coffee. We also included an easy recipe so you can make your own cannabis-infused coconut oil, which comes in handy for a number of the dishes we share here.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
• Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
• In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
• In a medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly.
• Stir in bananas, sugar, oil and lemon peel. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
• Stir in walnuts. Fill muffin pan cups ⅔ full.
• Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove muffins from pan.
Cannabis-infused Coconut Oil
Ingredients: 64 oz coconut oil 1 oz of lightly ground cannabis bud, or trim
Special Equipment: Container with lid, twine, glass or ceramic bowl, refrigerator and heat safe, CrockPot or any brand slow cooker, spatula knife, cheesecloth, baking sheet or oven pan
Instructions: Preheat oven to 215 degrees F. Buds should be in small pieces. Spread evenly over the surface of the pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes. This is a preliminary step called “decarboxylation”: heating the cannabis to release active natural substances, making it much stronger. The cannabis will be light brown, dried out and the active ingredients will be concentrated. Pour the coconut oil and then decarboxylated cannabis into the CrockPot. For a lower-dose canna infusion, add less cannabis to get a less potent ratio of cannabis to butter. Keep the mixture simmering on low for 7 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure it doesn’t reach a boil. Then remove from heat, and let it cool enough to safely touch. Strain out plant material with cheesecloth. Tie your cheesecloth with twine to make a lid covering your glass or ceramic bowl or other container. Carefully pour the hot mixture into your bowl while straining it with the cheese cloth to remove all plant substance. You can also use a permanent coffee filter or mesh for straining. Remove the cheesecloth. Cover the mixture, and place it in the refrigerator for hardening.
Leave a Reply