Adapted from “The 420 Gourmet” by JeffThe420Chef. Copyright ©2016 by JeffThe420Chef. Reprinted in part, courtesy of Harper Wave, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
Portion for 6 People
This is my favorite comfort food. This version is creamy and packed with flavor. The lobster version here also happens to be one of my most asked-for dishes. When mac and cheese is already a favorite, it can only get better with cannabis—and garlic buttered lobster and truffle oil!
Approximate THC Per Serving*
10%: 3.8 milligrams
15%: 5.7 milligrams
20%: 7.6 milligrams
• 1 pound box Ziti Rigati or Cavatappi
(corkscrew shape) pasta
• 2 cups milk
• ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
• ¼ cup chicken stock, room temperature
• 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon canna-butter plus 1 tablespoon salted grass-fed butter
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ pound Emmentaler Swiss cheese, cubed into ½-inch cubes
• ¼ pound yellow sharp cheddar cheese, cubed into ½-inch cubes
• ½ pound cooked lobster tail, cubed into ½-inch cubes and tossed in lightly salted garlic butter.
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• White truffle oil (optional)
• Boil the pasta according to directions until al dente (cooked yet firm), usually about 8 to 9 minutes.
• In a measuring cup, combine the milk, Dijon mustard and chicken stock.
• Over medium flame, melt the grass-fed butter and olive oil. Lower the flame and melt in the canna-butter.
• Slowly stir in the flour, one teaspoon at a time, until you form a paste.
• Slowly add the milk mixture to the paste and stir until creamy, about four to five minutes.
• Add in the cheese and continue to stir every minute or so until it melts.
• Add the salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Stir well to combine. Lower the flame and let it simmer. Stir occasionally, until the sauce starts to bubble and look thick.
• Immediately remove from the heat and stir.
• Preheat oven to 340ºF and grease a large 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
• Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Mix in lobster. Mix three-quarters of the sauce into the pasta.
• Transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover with the rest of the sauce.
• Bake for 20 minutes and then raise the oven temperature to broil. Watch carefully as you broil for five to seven minutes until the top is golden brown.
• Remove from the oven, sprinkle with truffle oil (optional), and serve.
Leave a Reply