A 4-Course High To Keep You Entertained During Quarantine.
Two weeks into quarantine and the days are blurring together. Perhaps you’ve read all your books, played all your Wii games, and gone on enough walks for the next year.
Emerald’s round-up of our four favorite recipes from over the years is sure to keep you entertained, sans-socialization.
A 4-Course High To Keep You Entertained During Quarantine
First things first—drinks. To start off your four-course frenzy, you’ll want to get together a few simple ingredients:
- 1.25 ounces of your favorite vodka
- 0.25 ounce orange liqueur or orange juice from concentrate
- 0.5 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 seedless jalapeño slice
- 10mg THC—infused tincture
First, muddle the jalapeño and lime juice in the bottom of your shaker for flavor. Then add your vodka and orange liqueur, and shake it like a polaroid picture! Strain that baby into a copper mug or highball glass, and top off with ginger beer.
Cheers! You’ve got yourself the ultimate Jalapeño Mule to pair with your black bean burgers.
Appetizer: Emerald’s French Onion Stardust Soup
To start things off this evening, whip up a classic—french onion soup. This one takes some time, though, so prep in advance.
- 2 tablespoons CannaButter
- 1 tablespoon infused olive oil
- 5 large onions (about 3 lb.), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups vegetable, chicken, or beef stock
- ⅓ cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 ½-inch slices sourdough bread, toasted
- ⅔ cup shredded Jarlsberg or Gruyere cheese
- 3 packets of Ed Rosenthal’s Stardust Powder: 45mg THC total (optional)
First, heat your CannaButter and oil in a heavy, large saucepan over medium heat.
Next, add the onions, garlic, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes (stirring often). Continue cooking on very low heat, stirring occasionally for 50-60 minutes, or until onions are very tender and brown. Stir in flour, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then blend in the stock and white wine sherry. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add in the apple cider vinegar.
Now it’s time to preheat the broiler. Ladle soup into six heatproof bowls, and add one ½ packet (7.5mg of THC) to each bowl. Then top each with a slice of toast and grated cheese. Finally, broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 1-2 minutes. Serve hot, and enjoy!
Main Dish: Naked Soul Cooking’s Vegan Black Bean Double Cheeseburgers
Craving a juicy burger as your quarantine stash slowly diminishes? Lucky for you, you can make one from scratch in just 20 minutes with Naked Soul Cooking’s recipe for Black Bean Double Cheeseburgers. Best of all? It not only passes some time, but it’ll also leave you high.
All you’ll need for this dish is:
- One 15 ounce can of black beans
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (NOTE: this is a 100% VEGAN blend of herbs and spices)
- 1 cup oat flour (or any type of flour/breadcrumbs you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon THC-infused oil
First. the oat flour; mix two cups of rolled/old-fashioned oats into a blender until you have a fine powder. Carefully pour it into a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine black beans, onion, garlic, poultry seasoning, soy sauce (or liquid aminos), balsamic vinegar, and infused oil. Then, mix, and mash into a paste. Next, add the breadcrumbs and combine thoroughly.
Form into patties all allow to sit for 5-10 minutes for firming. Finally, pan sear the patties in a large skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes on each side. Lastly, top with condiments and veggies of choice. Enjoy!
Dessert: Edibles’ Magazine‘s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pot Pie
We saved the best course for last, dessert! We’ve deemed Edible Magazine’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie the perfect way to end your meal. Keep in mind, this will be best if chilled overnight.
For the Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust, you will need:
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs (chocolate or regular)
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup cannabutter, melted
For the Filling:
- 8 oounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup infused peanut butter
- 8 ounces whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup (optional toppings)
In a medium-sized bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, white sugar, and melted cannabutter. Mix well. Pour the mixture into an 8 or 9-inch pie pan, and press firmly on the bottom and side of the pan to form the crust. Put in the fridge while you make the filling.
Next, create the filling by beating the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and infused peanut butter until smooth. Then, fold-in the thawed Cool Whip and pour into the graham cracker crust, spread evenly. Finally, chill for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
These four recipes are guaranteed to eliminate at least one boring night in quarantine. Make them on their own, or as a four-course meal, depending on how much time you’d like to pass.